On this episode I talk with Martin Kihn on Customer Data Platforms which is a feverishly hot topic and category in the current landscape of marketing technology. Martin spent the early part of his advertising career at Digitas in New York before stopping in Minneapolis to work for Fallon as the Director of Analtyics enroute back to New York where he is currently the VP of Research at Gartner.
Advertising is in his blood so it was my mission to convince Mr. Kihn to join me on The Digital Measure Show and get his perspective on this still young and undefined category. Mission complete!
ON THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING...
- The challenge that Gartner clients are looking to solve and the role of the Customer Data Platform
- What part of the organization owns the Customer Data Platform
- How Customer Data Platforms differ from Data Management Platforms, Tag Managers, and even CRM databases
- How vendors may differ and why it's a confusing and difficult category for marketers to approach
- The likely future of this category and the capabilities that are not yet available
HOW YOU CAN REACH MARTIN:
OTHER CUSTOMER DATA PLATFORM RESOURCES:
- What is this thing we call a CDP? (Martin's AdExchanger article)
- The Customer Data Platform Institute
If you liked this episode and would like to hear more on topics like this head over to iTunes to subscribe and rate this podcast. Thanks for listening and hope to hear from you soon!